Econo Bait Station
The Econo Bait Station is our most versatile Rat-sized bait station in our range. It can safely house snap traps and rat poison.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER R5000
TELL ME MORE
- Please note: The bait station does not include the wax bait blocks or the snap trap. The wax bait blocks and snap traps are sold separately.
- This bait station can be used for capturing both rats and mice.
- It is Tamper-Resistant for Kids & Dogs: The station can only be accessed once it has been opened with the universal bait station key. This keeps bait and traps out of reach of children and non-target animals for peace of mind.
- Tamper-resistant bait stations have a locking lid that opens up to reveal the internal compartments and contain vertical or horizontal spindles or rods which the poison wax block is placed on. Multiple blocks can be threaded onto these spindles (depending on the size of your bait station) which will prevent the blocks from being carried off and keeps it drier and cleaner since it is higher up and off the floor of the bait station.
- Our easy-to-use Econo bait station opens to the side for fast and convenient baiting or servicing.
- Our Econo Bait Station is highly versatile and converts into a mechanical trap using the Rat Snap Trap or Mini-Rex Snap Trap.
- The Tomcat Bait Blox, Rat Snap Trap and Mini-Rex Snap Traps are sold separately and isn’t included with the Econo Bait Station.
- It locks automatically when closed, and includes bait-securing rods, and 1 x universal bait station key that provides you access.
- Important to note: 1 x universal key will be supplied for all single bait stations bought but when a pack of bait stations is purchased we can only supply 1 x universal key per box of 5 bait stations.
- Dimensions: L: 24,5cm x W: 23cm x H: 12cm.
- This product is sold as singles.
HOW TO USE ME
- Please Note: If you are using poison to control rodents you must follow the directions on the label.
- Poisons are not recommended for rat control inside buildings, because poisoned rats can die in hard to reach places and cause a bad smell. Always secure rat poison in bait stations so that it is not available to children, pets or wild animals.
- Place the bait station in an area in which you’ve noticed evidence of mice or rats, such as next to a wall, in a dark corner, in the attic, below a window, etc.
- Make sure the entryway to the station is facing out from the wall or corner.
- When placing bait stations outside, you will need to consider all areas where bait should be placed such as by wood piles, storage sheds and fence rows.
- When placing bait stations outside they should be placed about 9 to 15 meters apart around buildings or along landscaped areas surrounding buildings.
- Secure poison bait blocks on rods inside of the bait station. This prevents rats from carrying bait outside the bait station and dropping the poison on the ground.
- Place the bait station so that it will not become disturbed and overturned.
- Rule of Thumb: Place bait stations every 2 to 4 meters apart for mice, or 9 to 15 meters for rats.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Pro tip: If you don’t know whether you have a rat or mouse problem, we recommend purchasing a bait station that can accommodate rats and mice. Bait stations designed for mice will only have enough space for them to reach the bait.
- It can be difficult to remove rats and mice once they have entered your property. Be proactive by placing bait stations with rodenticide around the exterior of the building.
Check your bait stations every 2 weeks and replace the bait if necessary.